A new group of Walla Walla celebrities take to the stage at Gesa Power House Theatre on October 7 at 7:00 p.m. for the second annual “Dancing with the W2 Stars” fundraising event for Valley Residential Services. Local participants will be paired with professional dancers and have a week of rehearsals to learn a ballroom dance routine before the live performance and a judging panel.
Valley Residential Services has enlisted participation from a fantastic lineup of local “celebrities”.
W2 Stars Dancers:
- Sandi Rowe, Banker at Community Bank – sponsored by Community Bank
- Zachary Fraser, President of Walla Walla Sweets Baseball – sponsored by Lillie Rice Center
- Mary Derby, Winemaker/Owner of DAMA Wines – sponsored by Coldwell Banker First Realtors
- Scott Peters, Manager at Columbia REA – sponsored by Columbia REA
- Maureen Walsh, Washington State Senator – sponsored by Michael Fluharty, CPA
- Jim McCarthy, Sr. VP at E.K. Riley Investments – sponsored by E.K. Riley Investments
- Teri Barilla, Community Organizer – sponsored by Kathy Ruggeri, RN
- Jason Valentine, Weather Evening Anchor KAPP/KVEW – sponsored by Jazzercise Walla Walla
W2 Stars Judges:
- Tom Maccarone, T. Maccarone’s
- Kathy Covey, Blue Mountain Action Council
- Janet Byerley, Jazzercise
- Roger Esparza, Williams Team Homes
In addition to seeing the Walla Walla Stars dance, the professionals teaching the stars will perform excerpts from their award-winning showcase “Ballroom Fever”. Audiences can expect to see breath-taking lifts, hundreds of costumes, theatrical story lines, and a variety of ballroom dance styles, from the sexy Cuban Salsa to the energetic American Swing to the elegant Viennese Waltz.
The professional dance ensemble are members of the United States National Formation Championship company in both Latin American and Standard ballroom dancing, and their company tours internationally, with more than 100 performances each year.
Valley Residential Services provides personalized support in safe, comfortable, home environments for developmentally disabled individuals, residences for veterans with rehabilitation opportunities, and family assistance services.
- $40 – reserved seating only
- $65 – reserved seating ticket + admission to the After Party Dance Party with the performers (includes one beverage and appetizers)
Tickets are available online or by calling the box office at 509-529-6500.
Please thank our sponsors for supporting this event!