Walla Walla celebrities will take to the stage at Gesa Power House Theatre on Saturday, October 12 at 7:00 p.m. for the 4th Annual “Dancing with the W2 Stars” fundraising event for Valley Residential Services. This year’s event is presented by Banner Bank and supported by other local businesses, nonprofits, and individuals.
Local participants will be paired with professional dancers and have a week of rehearsals to learn a ballroom dance routine before the live performance and a judging panel.
Valley Residential Services has enlisted participation from a fantastic lineup of local “celebrities.”
- Steve Owens – Columbia REA
- Peter Erb – Walla Walla Police Deptartement
- Matt Mahan – Herring-Groseclose Funeral Home
- Ruben Hernandez – Walla Walla Community College
- Melissa Cunnington – Milton-Freewater School District
- Dawn Adams – Providence St. Mary Medical Center
- Kelly Watson – Banner Bank
- Claire Evans – Whitman College
- Greer Buchanan, Providence St. Mary Foundation (2018 contestant)
- Nabiel Shawa, City of Walla Walla (2016 contestant)
- Jason Valentine, KAPP KVEW TV (2017 contestant)
Master of Ceremonies:
- Jonathan Grant, Marcus Whitman Hotel & Conference Center (2018 contestant)
In addition to seeing the Walla Walla Stars dance, the professionals teaching the stars will perform excerpts from their award-winning showcase “Ballroom Fever.” Audiences can expect to see breath-taking lifts, hundreds of costumes, theatrical story lines, and a variety of ballroom dance styles, from the sexy Cuban Salsa to the energetic American Swing to the elegant Viennese Waltz.
The professional dance ensemble are members of the United States National Formation Championship company in both Latin American and Standard ballroom dancing, and their company tours internationally, with more than 100 performances each year.
Valley Residential Services provides personalized support in safe, comfortable, home environments for developmentally disabled individuals, residences for veterans with rehabilitation opportunities, and family assistance services.
Reserved seating tickets ($45) include admission to the After Party Dance Party and are available online or by calling the box office at 509-529-6500. Let your friends know you are going and invite them on Facebook!